Client Homecare Advice
Following a professional waxing hair removal treatment, have your clients follow the instructions below for best results.
1. Avoid applying heat to the waxed area for 12 to 24 hours. This includes hot baths, sauna, and Jacuzzi’s.
2. Avoid sun tanning for 12 to 24 hours after waxing. This includes any strong UV light exposure or tanning bed treatments.
3. Avoid applying highly fragranced products to the waxed area. This includes perfume, scented body lotions, anti‑perspirants, cosmetics or feminine hygiene sprays. Only use professional products, recommended to you by the skin therapist who performed the waxing service.
4. Do not use harsh abrasives or exfoliants in the waxed area. If you are prone to in‑grown hairs, use a mild exfoliating scrub or topical product no sooner than 24-48 hours following appointment.
5. Avoid applying high SPF sunscreen to the waxed area for 12 to 24 hours after the waxing service. Sunscreen chemicals can be irritating to the newly waxed skin. This includes self‑tanning products and tan accelerators.
6. Any pinking of the skin should disappear within 6 to 8 hours after the waxing treatment. Slight pinking is normal, and indicates that the hair was removed from the root, rather than superficially broken off, as in shaving.
7. For best results, repeat your professional waxing every 4 to 6 weeks, depending on the area and your individual hair growth rate.
8. If you have any questions about your waxing service or after care at home, please do not hesitate to call Skin Therapy, where we will be happy to answer your questions and concerns.